Friday, June 27, 2008

Lumut aka Pangkor trip


24th June 2008

It's THE day.

Sonia asked me to get ready by 5am and she'll come pick me up then on the day before.So I woke up at 4.30, getting ready for Sonia to pick me up from my house. Mana tau, at 4.55, I text Jackie and asked him what time are they coming to my house. He replied "around 6 - 6.15" My goodness, and they didn't plan to inform me earlier? So I wouldn't be there sitting like an idiot waiting for them to come pick me up! It's early in the morning, my mood ain't that good you know. Argh.. fine.. skip that part.

Around 7 I guess? They came and so here we go. The traffic wasn't smooth. But we weren't going to Lumut, we're going to Diana's house. She said she forgotten to take the map and the cooking pot. O well, so we went to her house and they had their breakfast there too. So our journey started at around 9 or 10. While 5 of us(Cole, Diana, Jackie, Sonia and I ) are going by car, the other 3( Byron, Clem and Ivan) are going by bus.

So at lunch time, we dropped by at The Store to buy some groceries, such as milk, yogurt drink, eggs, bread and drinks. Not to forget, the butter! The Store was really THE STORE!didn't know they keep flies too! There were 4 in a row, all frozen to death.
Then, we we
nt across the bridge to Pizza Hut and had our lunch. The staffs there were so... bitchy! The service was lousy! Well, that was a small town, can't expect much from them. I guess they don't really understand English and do not know what and how are the services provided in the city. At the end Jackie and I finished the last 2 pieces tho we're full because we were scared that they might spit on our food if we asked them to "da bao", because they kinda "mm song" us la.



So we moved on...
Along the way, camera phone helps alot to kill the boredom =]


Sonia

Cole & I








D
iana



Jackie





After all the asking for directions and turnings, we reached The Swiss Garden AT LAST. It took us around 4-5 hours to reach here.


The kitchen

The dining hall

The living room

Since Ivan, Clem and Byron are not here yet, we decided to go to the beach and have some fun!




Well, we ended up the day by drinking!




25th June 2008

Woke up in the morning, bla bla bla~ We were still thinking should we stay at Pangkor or should we not? So, what we did was, go with the flow. That's what they called the "spontaneous thinker"! Haha. It's one level higher than master thinker! So, we packed everything and here we go! It only costs us MYR10 for the 2-way feri ticket.
Byron + half of Jackie

While waiting, we shall pose (:

On the feri





Pangkor Island

Fishing village

So we stopped at somewhere near Teluk Nipah. It cost us MYR20 for a cab to get to Teluk Nipah. The taxi driver introduced us a few budget hotels, and finally we stopped at this inn called Horizon Inn(I think so). It's MYR120 per night for all 8 of us including extra mattress. The room is equipped with air-conditioner and attached bathroom with heater. They also provide towel and soap(which is so not nice to use) only. There's also a restaurant downstairs. They sell cheap seafood(not so fresh as I can see) and there's a burger stall outside too. Other than that, it's near the beach and water sports such as snorkeling is just within walking distance. Quite a convenient place to stay.
So later when we settled down our stuffs, we went to the beach. We went SNORKELING! It's only MYR15, including the life jacket and goggles with the tube for respiration =D . My very first time, and I shall do that again!

The abang fetched us to this small isle by motor boat. I knocked my ankle when getting down from the boat )': sakit tau! So we had fun looking at those little fishes and the corals. It was quite an experience. After that, while waiting for the boat to come fetch us back to the mainland again... we had some lil fun =] I mean they did, sang some patriotic songs and kids songs.












So after all the singing and sunbathing, we went back to the beach and did some stupid stuffs.Sunset: Group photo!

After that we bathed and had our dinner =]

And of course, we ended our day by drinking again! Haha.

26th June 2008


Pictures only (:

7 in the morning

Self obsessed!

Graffiti. Kids nowadays!

Call us posers :D


This ended our day in pangkor. We went back to Lumut, to our room... and something horrible happened... We all got shocked!!!


To be continued...

No comments:

. food . travel . life . me .